This website is currently under construction.
For more information and details, visit our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/kahuluihongwanji)
Message from Rev. Richard Tennes – “I am ‘Bombu'”
Located in KHM Blog
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Kahului Hongwanji Mission Preschool! For these 40 years we have helped parents with the social, physical emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth of their child.
We have provided safe, nurturing care by a staff that has in some cases been employed by the school for over 20 years. We have worked hard to fulfill the stated purpose of the school to foster competency in our students by providing a wide variety of sensory, motor and intellectual experiences. It fills us with pride to see our graduates contributing to our community and bringing their children to our school. We especially would like to honor our dedicated staff for their unwavering ,generous commitment to our students.
In commemoration of this auspicious achievement, we are organizing an anniversary dinner on October 15, hosted by Alaka’i. We would like to invite you to become an active participant in our celebration. We will have entertainment by Maui Taiko and Alaka’i and the children of Kahului Hongwanji Preschool and we will also do a silent auction.
Please plan to attend our function. We will be offering tickets for $20 per person ($20 per family for current preschool students). You are also invited to share a few words of thanks to our teachers and staff in a note or letter. Finally, it would be most appreciated if you could make a donation of cash or a gift for the event. Donations will be acknowledged in the program and by letters for tax purposes. We would like to celebrate the community and the teachers for all they have done for our preschool and with your help we can do that.
Download the registration form here or see download the flyer here.
Dates to Remember
- October 15 Preschool 40th Anniversary Celebration with Dinner at KHM
- October 21 Commemoration Service of Transmission at Honzan—Kyoto
- October 22 Buddha Fest 2016 at KHM
- October 23 Family Gratitude Service
- October 2 Coffee Hour Sunday
- October 9 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- October 16 Kyodan
- October 23 BWA (Family Gratitude Service)
- October 30 Board Sunday
- November 6 Coffee Hour Sunday
- November 13 Kyodan
- November 20 BWA
- November 27 Dharma School/Jr. YBA (Eitaikyo/Family Gratitude Service)
- December 4 Coffee Hour Sunday (Bodhi Day Service)
- December 11 NO SERVICE (General Clean-up Day)
- December 18 Kyodan (Family Gratitude Service)
- December 25 BWA
Hosha means to give or help as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Saturday, October 1, 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 15, 7:30 a.m., no window cleaning
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Each 4th Sunday Family Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones.
- Chanting, dharma discussion & coffee: Mondays 8:30-10 a.m., KHM temple.
- Ko Group Dharma discussions: 2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:30 a.m.-noon.
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.
- Tai-Chi: Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.