This website is currently under construction.
For more information and details, visit our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/kahuluihongwanji)
Dates to Remember
- May 7 – Maui Matsuri
- May 15 – Fujimatsuri at Makawao Hongwanji
- May 21 – Shinran Shonin’s Birthday (Gotan-e)
- May 30 – Holiday—Memorial Day
- June 5 – KHM Youth Recognition Day
- June 12 – Graduation Luncheon
- June 19 – Father’s Day
- June 24-26 – 59th Jr. YBA State Convention, Maui
Sunday Service Responsibilities
- May 1 – Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- May 8 – Coffee Hour Sunday (Mother’s Day)
- May 15 – (no service at KHM) Fujimatsuri at MHM
- May 22 – BWA/Kyodan (Gotan-e & Family Gratitude Service)
- May 29 – Board Sunday
Hosha means to give or helo as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Saturday, May 14, 7:30 a.m., no window cleaning (only 1 hosha day in May)
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Each 4th Sunday Family Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones.
- Chanting, dharma discussion & coffee: Mondays 8:30-10 a.m., KHM temple.
- Meditation service, Friday eves, 6-6:45 p.m., KHM temple.
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.