Dates to Remember
- Aug 1 Preschool starts
- Aug 6 Hiroshima/Nagasaki Remembrance at KHM
- Aug 17 Jodo Shinshu in Everyday Life at KHM
- Aug 25 VIDSTA Kick-off Picnic
- Aug 30-Sep 1 16th World BWA Conv. – SFO
- Sep 4 KHM members’ visitation to Kula Hospital
- Sep 8 HHMH 130th Anniversary at WHM
Sunday Service Responsibilities
- Aug 4 Coffee Hour Sunday
- Aug 11 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- Aug 18 Kyodan
- Aug 25 BWA – Family Gratitude Service
Hosha means to give or help as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Saturdays August 3 & 17, 7:30 a.m.
no window cleaning
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 a.m. for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Monthly Family Gratitude Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones. (Usually 4th Sunday)
- Journey of Oneness: Shinran’s Songs of Nembutsu. Classes on most 1st and 3rd Tuesday evenings, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Ko Group dharma discussions, usually 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 10:30 – noon.
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30-10 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.
- Tai-Chi: Monday & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.