This website is currently under construction.
For more information and details, visit our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/kahuluihongwanji)
Due to the storm and high winds predicted for
this Sunday (July 24) and decided that, for safety reasons, it would be
best to cancel the service. Wailuku Hongwanji is also planning to cancel.
Because this Sunday is supposed to be “Family Gratitude Service” as well
as the observance of Obon Major Service, we decided to reschedule all of
this for the following Sunday (July 31), instead of Board Sunday. This
means that the KHM Board Meeting, which we were planning for this
Sunday, will also be re-scheduled to the 31st.
To the people who were scheduled to help with the service this
Sunday–thank you very much. We will be calling upon you at another
time. The people scheduled to help with the July 31st service–you are
still on for that Sunday. Thank you very much for helping.
Because it is hard to get hold of everyone who might come to the service
(we are calling as many as we can) we would appreciate it if you would
please inform all the people you know about the cancellation.
Thank you! Please stay safe and we will see you all next week!
Dates to Remember
- July 4 Independence Day holiday
- July 15-16 KHM Obon
- July 18 BSC dinner and lecture at WHM
Sunday Service Responsibilities
- July 3 Coffee Hour Sunday
- July 10 No Family Service—General clean-up
- July 17 No Family Service—Obon weekend
- July 24 Canceled due to Tropical Storm Darby
- July 31 Family Gratitude Service
Hosha means to give or helo as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Sunday, July 10, 7:30 a.m. (General clean-up day)
- Saturday, July 30, 7:30 a.m., no window cleaning
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Each 4th Sunday Family Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones.
- Chanting, dharma discussion & coffee: Mondays 8:30-10 a.m., KHM temple.
- Meditation service, Friday eves, 6-6:45 p.m., KHM temple.
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.