This website is currently under construction.
For more information and details, visit our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/kahuluihongwanji)
It is with great pride that we recognize the 40th anniversary of the Kahului Hongwanji Pre-school.
The child care center was founded by members of the Kahului Hongwanji Mission, in an effort to provide affordable day care for the Maui community. The temple has provided generous support and the staff has built a reputation for excellence. We are humbled and grateful for the decades of unselfish commitment for the children.
As one of our commemorative projects we would like to compile a memory book containing notes and remembrances from families touched by the school. We would especially like to honor the wonderful women, our teachers, who have dedicated their careers to our children. Please drop by a page or two from your family. Please include your names, perhaps something about the school or teachers you remember and also what you are currently doing or what you have done. We are requesting photographs, current and any you might have during the time you attended the school. Please mark the photos so that we may return them to you.
A dinner is planned for October 15 at 5:30pm. We hope that you will join us for this special reunion.
P.S. We could use help in planning and executing this project. If you can help-please contact me.
Dates to Remember
- August 12-15 Young Adult Retreat (Oahu)
- August 14 VIDSTA picnic in Lahaina
- August 19 Statehood Day – HOLIDAY
Sunday Service Responsibilities
- August 7 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- August 14 Coffee Hour Sunday
- August 21 Kyodan
- August 28 BWA
- September 4 Coffee Hour Sunday
- September 11 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- September 18 BWA
- September 25 Kyodan
- October 2 Coffee Hour Sunday
- October 9 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- October 16 Kyodan
- October 23 BWA (Family Gratitude Service)
- October 30 Board Sunday
- November 6 Coffee Hour Sunday
- November 13 Kyodan
- November 20 BWA
- November 27 Dharma School/Jr. YBA (Eitaikyo/Family Gratitude Service)
- December 4 Coffee Hour Sunday (Bodhi Day Service)
- December 11 NO SERVICE (General Clean-up Day)
- December 18 Kyodan (Family Gratitude Service)
- December 25 BWA
Hosha means to give or helo as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Saturday, August 13, 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday, August 27, 7:30 a.m., no window cleaning
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Each 4th Sunday Family Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones.
- Chanting, dharma discussion & coffee: Mondays 8:30-10 a.m., KHM temple.
- Ko Group Dharma discussions: 2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:30 a.m.-noon.
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.
- Tai-Chi: Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.