Dates to Remember
- Jul 1-31 Preschool Summer Break
- Jul 20-21 KHM Obon
- Jul 29 KHM Sangha Obon/Bon Mairi/Family Gratitude Service with guest speaker, Rev. Bryan Siebuhr of Hilo Betsuin
- Aug 5 “Five Wishes” video showing after temple service
Sunday Service Responsibilities
- Jul 1 Coffee Hour Sunday
- Jul 8 Dharma School/Jr. YBA
- Jul 15 No service
(General Clean-up before Obon)
- Jul 22 No service
(General Clean-up after Obon)
- Jul 29 BWA – Obon/Bon Mairi/Family Gratitude Service
Hosha means to give or help as an expression of one’s gratitude. In the spirit of hosha, let’s all come together to work at keeping the temple and facilities in tip-top shape.
- Saturday, July 7, 7:30 a.m.
- Sunday, July 15, 8 a.m. – Pre-Obon
- Sunday, July 22, 8 a.m. – Post-Obon
(please see calendar for exceptions):
- Join us Sundays at 8:15 for a 25-minute quiet sitting meditation preceding the Family Service.
- Each 4th Sunday Family Service includes a special remembrance for departed loved ones.
- Chanting, dharma discussion & coffee: Mondays 8:30-10 a.m., KHM temple.
- Ko Group Dharma discussions: Usually 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 10:30-noon
- Sing & Strum Along with Patsy: Fridays, 8:30 a.m., KHM Lumbini Hall.
- Tai-Chi: Tuesday & Thursdays, 5:30 p.m.